Hello lovelies! I was recently nominated by the wonderful Abby at Beyond The Read for the Outstanding Blogger Award! Thank you so much, Abby 🙂 Colton Beckwith created this award, and you can find the original post here.
- Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. (very important: see why in step 5)
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator nor the blogger that nominated you can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
For this blog, it was my love of books. I have so many thoughts and feelings about them but didn’t have anyone to talk to. Now I can share my thoughts and hopefully help others when trying to decide what to read.
2. What is a popular trope in books that you can’t stand?
I believe any trope can be done well. Most of the time, though, that doesn’t happen. There are two I can think of that especially annoy me: the brunette Not Like Other Girls™️, plain but somehow shockingly gorgeous, has-every-guy-after-her protagonist, and the Love Triangle™️. Both drive me insane. I think the latter has been done well more often, but it’s rare I find a case of either that I like.
3. What’s the most recent book that you rated 5 stars?
I think it was The Night Circus. Yeah, probably that one. Maybe I rated it 4.5? I have a hard time rating books 5 stars because I feel like that means perfect, and nothing’s perfect. There’s almost always something problematic or frustrating for me.
4. Do you like rainy days?
I LOVE rainy days. So, so much. Rainy days are when I’m at my most creative, and they make me feel alive.
5. What’s your favorite dessert?
Um. That’s a tough one. I love unique things like fruit tarts and fancy pastries. My favorite dessert flavors are coffee and chocolate.
6. Do you have a pet?
Yes! My family and I just adopted a beautiful puppy named Ember during quarantine. She’s a little bit dingy in the head, and has a penchant for running and sliding across hardwood floors, but we love her.
7. What is your favorite genre of music to listen to?
I’m kinda all over the place. My two favorite bands are Twenty Øne Pilots and One Direction, and they have entirely different vibes. I also like a bunch of indie folk pop songs. Yeah I honestly have no idea how to narrow this down so I’m going with that.
– What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
– Do you eat while you read?/What’s your go-to reading snack?
– What was one of your favorite books as a child?
– How quickly do you usually read?
– What’s one hobby or skill you wish you could pick up/be better at?
– Would you rather live in a town of treehouses or an underground city?
– What’s one of your favorite book locations?
Tag! You’re it!
Dear College Introvert
The Simple Little Things
April Is Booked
All The Books And Chocolate
Written In Indigo
The Book Dragoness
Thanks again for nominating me, Abby! I hope all my nominees are able to do this award, and I’m excited to read your answers!
How would you answer my questions? Let me know in the comments!
Have an adventurous day!