Hello beautiful! I hope you are having a lovely week and are enjoying life right now. I was nominated for this award before, and you can find that post here.
I have actually been nominated for this award twice since my last post (it’s taken me forever to sit down and do the second one), but somehow lost the info for one of the blogs that nominated me. I’m not really sure how it happened, all I know is I’m a disaster and somehow managed to mess up something fairly simple. Anyway, I finally found the post again, and am now going to answer both sets of questions at once 🙂 The blogs who nominated me are A Geeky Gal and Sunflower Seeds. Thank you both so much, and to everyone reading this, you should definitely go check out their blogs!
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for this award
- Make sure to list the rules and post a photo of the award logo
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asked you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them your own 11 questions
- Notify your nominees by commenting on one of their recent posts
I’m going to answer A Geeky Gal’s questions first:
1. What are three interesting facts about yourself?
Hmm… this one’s a little tough because I’m not sure what counts as interesting. I’ll go with a) I’ve been to nine countries other than the one I live in, b) I love writing letters to my friends and family, and c) I want to be an author.
2. Where would you like to be in ten years?
I’d like to have finished college and gotten a master’s degree. I would also love to have a family and be a full-time mother, part-time author. I have no idea if that’s what is in store for me or if my goals will change, but it’s something I try to look forward to at the moment.
3. What are your goals for the next month?
That is a very good question! I’m trying to establish small goals for myself at the moment that will help me become healthier and more productive. I will be starting school again in a little over a month, so I hope to be well-prepared for that. I aim to post on this blog twice a week (but I’m notoriously inconsistent on the internet so we’ll see how that goes) and spend lots of time with family and friends. About half my friend group recently graduated and are moving on with their lives, so I’m hoping to maintain good relationships with them.
4. How has your blog changed since it was first created?
This blog hasn’t changed too much, in my opinion, but it’s also pretty young. I only started it this year and I have been sticking to my original plan fairly well. The way I review books has changed a bit, but I think that’s about it.
5. If someone wanted to understand you, what game would they play?
I’m not a huge gamer because of my eye issues, so I’ve only played some very generic games. I guess Mariokart would work because it’s a little hectic, full of unexpected twists and turns, occasionally frustrating, and very colorful. I wish I could think of something better, sorry.
6. What is your favorite video game quote?
Yikes I feel bad for not knowing more about this topic. I have no answer for this one, sorry 😦
7. What game are you most looking forward to?
AAAA I seriously should try and get into gaming. I only really use Nintendo systems with classic games, so I honestly don’t have a new, upcoming game to look forward to.
8. What game are you currently playing?
Oo! One I can answer! I’m currently playing Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword on my old Wii.
9. If your favorite character had a modern song as their theme, what song would it be?
This is such a creative question! It’s really hard for me to pick a favorite character, but I think I’ll go with Tiger Lily from Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson and pick the song O Miss Believer by Twenty One Pilots. For some reason they have the same vibe in my mind, slightly melancholy and dark as the midnight sky.
10. What is one thing you want to change about your blog?
I want to post more frequently and about newer books. However, I don’t usually have the money to get the newest books, so I have no idea if that will ever happen. I also want to add a page with a list of all my reviews in alphabetical order. Hopefully that will be up soon 🙂 Wait I guess that’s two things… oh well.
11. What blog posts do you read the most?
I’m kind of sporadic. I like to read posts about books I’ve read, or want to read, or any topic that jumps out at me.
Now for Sunflower Seeds’ questions:
1. What is your favorite season?
Autumn for sure. I enjoy all the seasons for different reasons, but autumn will always hold a special place in my heart. Trees colored like flame, apple cider, orchards, leaf piles, sweaters, rainy days, a crisp breeze, a grey sky…I can’t wait for the weather to turn 🙂 It’s so cozy and inspires me in a way no other time does.
2. What is a meal you’re a pro at cooking?
I have perfected making a pulled pork shoulder. Pulled pork is a Southern classic for those hot summer evenings on the porch or by the pool, and I have put a lot of work into mastering it. It’s also amazing because it cooks all day so the whole house smells delicious.
3. Who/What inspired you to blog?
I’m not really sure. I love the idea of blogging because it’s such a good way to consistently get your writing out into the world without having a deadline or specific requirements. It’s so versatile and relaxed. I guess you could say my love of writing inspired it. I wanted to write somewhere my words would actually be read, and pairing it with another of my passions— reading— just seemed to be a perfect fit.
4. Sweet or savory?
Oh this one’s tough. I do have quite the sweet tooth, but I’m more picky about the sweets I eat than the savory food. I’ll go with savory.
5. What book would you read over and over again and never get bored of?
This is a good one! Well, I’ve mentioned several times on this blog that I’m a huge fan of Peter Pan retellings, so maybe the original Peter Pan. While I like the ideas the story sparks sometimes more than the story itself, it has so many wonderful thoughts and magical moments that I never get bored of it.
6. Out of the three, which would you want to be: actor / actress, director, or scriptwriter?
Hmmm. I honestly think all of them would be a lot of fun. The film industry in general has so many creative roles to be filled. I personally love writing, so scriptwriter is definitely something I’d go for, but directors get to pull the whole story together and really set the atmosphere and tone of the tale, and actors get to live the story. It’s impossible to choose for me, because I’d love to be a part of all of it.
7. What quote do you stand by/inspires you?
”To live will be an awfully big adventure.”
8. Do you play any sports?
Uh not really I tried out a few in middle and elementary school but it’s not really my thing.
9. Where would your dream house be?
The mountains or somewhere in Ireland or Germany. I love the magical feel of both Ireland and Germany, and the accents, of course, but if I wanted to be closer to my family, the mountains of North Carolina would be a good bet. There are several lakes and lots of mysterious forests that would be perfect for a cozy house with a library and secret passageways.
10. One unusual piece of advice?
Never ever forget which container of vegetable oil holds the stuff you fried falafel in, and definitely don’t use the falafel oil to try and make pumpkin bread
11. What is one good thing that happened to you this week?
My extended family came to visit! We had so much fun swimming and going to the beach. I wish they didn’t have to leave again.
These two blogs had some excellent questions, and I had so much fun answering them! On to my nominees:
Read Between the Skylines
Reading on a Star
The Rosie Chronicles
Lost Girl’s Books (You had to know I’d pick someone with a vaguely Peter Pan-related blog name)
P.S. I Still Read You
1. What’s your favorite type of tea?
2. What would a perfect day for reading be like for you?
3. What is your favorite pizza place called (if you have one— if not, what’s your favorite restaurant?)
4. Scrunchies or hair bands?
5. What’s your favorite bookmark?
6. How would you describe the tone or vibe of your favorite book?
7. What movie adaptation of a book do you like the best and the least?
8. What does your favorite outfit look like?
9. What fandoms are you most active in?
10. At home, do you prefer to wear socks and shoes, wear just socks, or go barefoot?
11. If there was one habit you wish you could lose or gain, what would it be?
Thanks so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post. I’d love to hear your answers to my questions in the comments below!
Have an adventurous day!